Noteflakes editions are prepared using Lilypond, an open-source music typesetting program, enhanced using software tools developed in-house. Most of our tools are open-source and are available on our GitHub page. The following projects are currently developed and used:
- lyp - a package manager for lilypond.
- lydown - a music typesetting framework based on lilypond, employing an optimized syntax.
- lys.rb - a Ruby gem for running and controlling a lilypond slave process.
You can find our various lilypond packages on the lyp index page.
Other code repositories:
- awesome-music - a list of interesting music libraries, tools and frameworks.
- ripple - a tool for putting together Lilypond scores (no longer maintained).
Feel free to use our tools and to contribute back.